JAGO STUDIOS COMMUNITY GAME TESTER CONTEST
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST. ENTRY TO THE CONTEST IS FREE AND NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. INTERNET ACCESS & E-MAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY AND BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL DECISIONS OF SPONSOR, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS AND NOT SUBJECT TO APPEAL. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Open only to persons who are age 18 or over. Employees, officers and directors and the immediate family members (parents, children, siblings, spouse) wherever they may live and others living in the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors of Jago Studios (“Sponsor”), its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions and their advertising, promotion or production agencies are not eligible to participate.
To enter the contest, you must agree to these Official Rules (the “Rules”). Therefore, please read the following rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in the Rules, unless you agree to these Official Rules. These Official Rules form a binding legal agreement between you, and the Sponsor with respect to the Contest.
No purchase, payment, or donation of any kind is necessary to enter or win; a purchase, payment, or donation will not increase the chance of winning. By entering, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final. The Contest starts at 12:00 AM Pacific Time, October 4, 2018, and ends at 11:59 PM Pacific time, October 26, 2018 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM Pacific time, October 26, 2018.
HOW TO ENTER
- Qualified entrants shall submit responses to a survey during the Contest Period.
- Each entry (hereinafter “Submission” or “Entry”) must be submitted to http://www.gpkthegame.com/gametester/ which indicates acceptance of these rules.
- Each Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be profane, offensive, pornographic, defamatory or inappropriate as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission it deems to be not in keeping with Sponsor’s image or Sponsor’s image, profane, offensive, pornographic, defamatory, and/or inappropriate in sponsor’s sole discretion.
- The person submitting the Entry will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”). The Entrant is the one person who owns the email address associated with the Submission.
- Each Entrant shall not to submit any Entry that infringes upon any third party proprietary rights, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable U.S. law. Entries violating this section of the rules SHALL be disqualified.
- Each Entrant is limited to a total of one (1) submission. Each Entrant is limited to one prize per person, household, and/or email address. Each Entrant will be required to sign a release and affidavit for the Contest entry and must agree to abide by these rules.
- Each Submission must be the original work of the Entrant.
- Submissions must be in English.
- By entering, each Entrant hereby releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its program partners, owners, employees, attorneys and each of their subsidiaries and affiliates, and any others involved in the development and/or execution of this Contest, and the respective officers, owners, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the same from any and all claims, demands, losses, promises, causes of action, and liabilities arising out of this Contest.
- Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with the Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content in Sponsor’s sole discretion will be disqualified, and/or not considered for prizes.
- By submitting an Entry, each Entrant agrees that Sponsor shall unconditionally and irrevocably own the Entry submitted including all rights embodied therein in winning entries and that the Sponsor and its designees may use, publish, adapt, modify, combine, or dispose of any Entry or Submission or elements thereof any Entry or Submission online, in print, film, television, or any other media now or hereafter without additional compensation or notification to, or permission from, the Entrant, except as prohibited by law.
- Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries, printing errors; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction. All Submissions received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All Submissions become the property of the Sponsor and shall not be acknowledged or returned.
Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any participant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Official Rules, or the like, may result in the immediate elimination of the participant from the Contest. The Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, or violates U.S. or applicable state or local law.
- Three (3) Entrant Winners (“Winner”) will be selected by Sponsor. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding.
- The following criteria are what the Sponsor will use to primarily evaluate each Entrant’s Entry: persuasive writing, product fit, brand fit, and experience.
- The winner will be notified on or around October 27, 2018. Each Entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules, and the decisions of the Sponsor are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
- Three (3) Entrant Winners will be chosen. The Winners will receive access to a Garbage Pail Kids: The Game for a limited time, determined by the Sponsor.
- No substitutions for the prize will be allowed. Void where restricted or prohibited.
- The winner will be notified by email. Sponsor reserves the right to examine identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant waives any and all claims of liability against Sponsor, and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss that may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. The Winners will be required to complete a release and affidavit prior to acceptance of any prize.
- By claiming a prize, the winners authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts; newspapers and other publications; television or film releases; slides; videotape; distribution over the Internet; and picture date storage) the Sponsor may deem appropriate.
- The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America and any applicable state laws, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. All claims rating in any manner to this Contest or to any Submission must be resolved in the federal or state courts in Los Angeles, California.
- Sponsor is not liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
- By participating in the contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor personnel. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and their decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Sponsor and are final. Sponsor may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- Sponsor reserves the right not to award any prizes if none of the entries received meet the stated contest criteria, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Sponsor takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any omissions, acts or damages that may result from the preparing of materials to submit to this Contest.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- By submitting any entry, entrants thereby grant to Sponsor and their affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted work (including video and all aspects and elements thereof) or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to Sponsor include, but are not limited to, the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted work. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, the parties agree that the foregoing is not a transfer of ownership in the Entrant’s intellectual property rights.
- By submitting an entry, entrants authorize the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts; newspapers and other publications; television or film releases; slides; videotape; distribution over the Internet; and picture date storage) the Sponsor may deem appropriate.
- By submitting an entry, entrants thereby represent and warrant that the submitted work or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and the entrants affirm they have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to the contest Sponsor herein, including but not limited to, all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Sponsor shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any work submitted by the entrant, and may, in their sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any work that the entrant submits.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND AGREEMENT TO INDEMNIFY
By submitting any entry, each entrant, its, his, her or their heirs, successors and assigns (“Entrant”) thereby releases, forever discharges and covenants not to make a claim against or sue the Sponsor, and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, licensees, employees, officers, directors, representatives, INSURERS, ATTORNEYS, ADVISORS, successors and assigns (COLLECTIVELY THE “Sponsor”), of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent, which entrant may have or hereafter have against the Sponsor by reason of any injuries or damages entrant may sustain, whether to entrant’s person, property, reputation, or otherwise, as a result of, incident to, or related in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation or exploitation of the entry for any purpose described herein. Entrant waives and foregoes the right to seek injunctive relief against anyone relating in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation, or exploitation of the materials for any purpose described herein. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and expenses arising in connection with any breach or alleged breach by me of any representation made in the entry or by virtue of submitting the entry.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest.